Designed for a wide variety of sound reinforcement applications, the Tannoy Di5t is a high performance, ultra compact surface mount weather resistant loudspeaker. A full bandwidth loudspeaker designed for commercial, professional and residential applications where environment durability and high quality sonic performance are required. Indoor or outdoor, these speakers are ideally suited to stereo or monaural background or foreground music systems in such applications as diverse as theme parks, retail premises, restaurants and cafés, corporate audio visual, residential developments and houses of worship.
Equipped with Tannoy’s unique and exclusive point source ICT™ 110mm (4.50") drive unit, the Di5t delivers an acoustic performance of outstanding clarity, definition and detail. This ICT™ (Inductive Coupling Technology) drive unit addresses the two most common component failures experienced in background music and sound reinforcement systems; the tweeter and the crossover reliability. The use of a wireless electromagnetic tweeter means that no crossover is required in the design; this therefore ensures that an ICT™ unit cannot be burned out through system misuse or by constant heavy usage. The mineral loaded polypropylene cone material and nitrile rubber surround further enhance durability and long-term reliability. The 90 degree conical dispersion characteristic of the speaker ensures it can be mounted in either vertical or horizontal orientations on the wall or ceiling with no compromise to performance and vocal intelligibility.
Available in textured black or white painted finish with matching rubber trims, the outstandingly durable and scuff resistant, high impact polystyrene (HIPS) Di enclosure is weather resistant (IP rating pending); a construction fully optimised for consistent performance in adverse conditions indoors or out.
The Di speaker cabinet may be painted to suit the décor of the installation. Further architectural modification is possible by application of alternative colour trims. Two standard colour trim options are available from stock; enabling black or white product to be supplied factory pre-fitted with either red or blue trims.
Other trim colours can also be created to suit specific requirements, but only as a special order customisation subject to minimum order quantities. Primarily aimed at corporate branding applications, this aesthetic flexibility will also enable colour coordination for larger installs.
Transformer version - the Di5t
The Di5t model option is equipped with an internally mounted low insertion loss line transformer for 70V or 100V distributed sound applications. Wattage taps are easily configurable to the following settings via an easily accessible rotary tapping switch, which is top panel mounted under the rubber trim.
70V: 30W / 15W / 7.5W / 3.75W / OFF & Low Impedance operation
100V: 30W / 15W / 7.5W / OFF & Low Impedance operation
- 110mm (4.50”) ICT™ transducer for high performance and durability
- 90 degree controlled conical dispersion for optimum coverage and forward gain
- Weather resistant (IP rating pending)
- Low insertion loss 30W transformer for an more powerful and dynamic performance in distributed audio installations
- Top mounted switch for line voltage settings
- High power handling and extended bandwith
- Phase coherent design for superior vocal articulation and music reproduction
- No crossover required, ensuring better phase, impedance and sensitivity response and increased durability
- Yoke bracket supplied, optional accessories include pole mount adaptor and the unique K-Ball™ pre-wired, fully adjustable multi-angle bracket
- Five year loudspeaker warranty